How to Apply
The ECES program has agreements with various universities and providers. Applicants from outside of the USA and Canada may be required to submit different application documents. Please contact your study abroad advisor at your home university before applying to the ECES program.
Students must complete and submit the following materials:
- Completed application form
- Motivation letter (written by the student and stating the reason for applying, one page, double-spaced)
- One passport-sized photo (35x45 mm)
- One recommendation letter (from a professor at the applicant's university)
- Official transcripts from the applicant's university or college
- Health information form
- Non-native English speakers must submit a recent TOEFL score, not more than two years old from the time of submitting the application. Other certifications may be accepted upon review. Please contact ECES directly.
Please mail all application materials, including the signed application form, by registered or priority mail service (e.g. FedEx or DHL) to:
Zahranicni oddeleni FF UK – ECES
Namesti Jana Palacha 2
116 38 Praha 1
Application decisions are given on a rolling basis. You will be notified no later than one week after the deadline.
Apply for Housing
To apply for university housing, please complete the housing application form and submit it with the program application.
More information about the dormitory can be found in the Housing section.
beginning Spring 2014)
|Fall:||April 1||May 1|
|Spring:||September 15||October 15|
|Summer:||April 15||May 15|
Spring 2013 $4,720 USD
Summer 2013 $1,380 USD
Fall 2013 $4,720 USD
The program fee for the Spring 2014 semester is $4,720 USD, or $4,340 (see below for details) per semester.
*Effective Spring 2014, early decision applicants will receive an 8% discount on the program fee. A nonrefundable deposit of $500 will be required before the regular application deadline (applies to semester fees only, ).
- Must be at least a university sophomore (2nd year student)
- G.P.A. (grade point average) must be at least a 3.0 (students with a 2.70 -2.99 may still apply, but must submit a grade explanation along with the application materials)
- Must be fluent in English (Non-native English speakers are required to submit a recent (not more than two years old) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score. A minimum score of 550 PBT / 213 CBT / 79-80 IBT is required for admission. Other certifications may be accepted upon review. Please contact ECES directly
Students who do not have a valid European Union member country passport must obtain a Czech long-term visa in order to study in the Czech Republic. Students should apply for a visa as soon as they are accepted into the program. The visa process can take up to 90 days.
Once accepted, ECES will provide pre-departure assistance. All accepted students will receive visa application instructions, an official acceptance letter and other supporting documents, which will be submitted with the visa application.
Since the duration of the summer term is less than 90 days, the majority of students (e.g. U.S. and Canadian passport holders) do not need to apply for a Czech short-term visa. For all other countries, please go to: Czech Embassies & Consulates Around the World.