Study abroad with ECES in the most magical city in Europe
East and Central European Studies - ECES - is a study abroad program at Charles University in the beautiful city of Prague (Czech Republic). Situated in the heart of Europe, ECES provides an enriching learning experience that not only allows undergraduate students to take courses in a range of academic fields, but also gives students the opportunity to explore Europe and become fully immersed in Czech life.
Our program offers courses in the fall, spring, and summer terms with small class sizes to ensure an enhanced learning experience. The program is open to all majors and students may choose courses in the fields of: literature, art and culture, history, sociology and psychology, economics and politics, and languages. The language of instruction is English.
- Orientation week with two excursions to important sites in the Czech Republic
- Two-week intensive Czech Language and Culture immersion course
- Ability to enroll in up to seven courses (200-300 level)
- Small class sizes (14-18 students per class)
- 24-hour phone emergency assistance. One of our staff members is on call 24-hours in case of an emergency.
- Residential and Cultural Coordinator. To ensure that your daily needs are met, an ECES staff member lives in the student dormitory to provide help and advice about daily life in Prague.
- Two walking tours around Prague
- Planned optional excursions – day and international weekend trips (Berlin, Istanbul, Vienna, and more)
- Volunteer in the local community
- English-speaking staff
- University student ID with access to university facilities and local discounts
- Complimentary airport pick-up on the official arrival day
- ECES is not a babysitting service. ECES encourages independence and exploration!
Studying at ECES means embracing a new culture and a new lifestyle. It is about independence, about exploration, and about becoming a global citizen. If you would like to explore and to learn in a different part of the world, then apply today to the ECES Program.
We hope to see you in Prague!
October 15 Summer:
European Master’s Degree Program
Erasmus Mundus TEMA – 2014/15
Suitable for undergrads with majors in history, law, etc.